Sunday, May 31, 2009

Week End Song: It's a Fire


No picture for this week end, I was at the beach the sun was shining and everything was good. However I have a song that is always in my mind whenever I think about people, life in Egypt, society and interactions etc.. The lyrics are not enough to grab the mood of the song because the music and the voice are amazing so check the song if you're interested. I am not sure everyone likes Portishead's style it has this strange mysterious side that I personally really like.  

It's a Fire- Portishead 

It's a fire
These dreams they pass me by
This salvation I desire
Keeps getting me down

Cause we need to
Recognise mistakes
For time and again

So let it be known for what we believe in
I can see no reason for it to fail.... ...

Cause this life is a farce
I can't breathe through this mask
Like a fool
So breathe on, sister breathe on

From this oneself
Testify or tell
Its fooling us now

So let it be known for what we believe in
I can see no reason for it to fail...

Cause this life is a farce
I can't breathe through this mask
Like a fool
So breathe on, little sister, breathe on
Ohh so breathe on, little sister, like a fool


 My interpretation might be wrong, I would really like it if I had other opinions about the song lyrics, feel free to tell me even though I know no one will, I am still a small blog! So, it is not really clear what the song is about, but the part in bold is my favorite part no one could have said it better than this. This life is really a joke and wearing this stupid mask is suffocating! I don't know it just makes me wonder ...I may take the song personally but don't tell me that we are not all wearing a mask and sometimes we have different ones that we adjust to the situations. Don't get me wrong, I know that no one can be a 100% purely transparent. I just think that in my situation I sometimes wear a mask and it annoys me to admit it which is why this song really makes me feel good because I really wish everything was easier and we could all reveal ourselves without having to pretend anything. 
I am an open book I don't like to hide anything I can't hide anything, but it does not work that way in life. I don't know maybe it's Egypt, me, my mixture of cultures my ideas or my craziness. Whatever it is I am sure that life would be so different if we all did not have to pretend that we are this or that because at the end it doesn't matter "this life is a farce" and the persons we are fooling are ourselves. We are the ones who are left alone with our conscience and ourselves and we all know what we are whether we like it or not. I know I don't have to wear this mask but trust me it is inevitable but I guess I am not wearing it when I am writing all these posts and it feels good but still...
 I honestly try a lot not to care about anyone's opinion on my posts, if I wanted I would have written a lot of crap but it is not necessary because I know that I won't like it because it is not that easy letting the mask go. It is a dilemma, I think for me the questions are, Taking off the mask? Keeping it? Wearing it from time to time? After all we are all afraid that we are better with the mask but then again we never know so let's all "breathe on, like a fool". Bon, that's enough I can keep the rest to myself behind my mask ;) 

No comments: